Castle View • Junior Jared Wright was second in the Sept. 29 Polson Ranch Invitational cross country meet and led the boys team to the title. Wright was timed in 16:19.00. Aiden Scott was ninth and …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Junior Jared Wright was second in the Sept. 29 Polson Ranch Invitational cross country meet and led the boys team to the title. Wright was timed in 16:19.00. Aidan Scott was ninth and William Merrick was 11th.
• The boys soccer team, which tied Heritage 0-0 in two overtimes on Sept. 24, regained its scoring touch with a 4-0 shutout over Ponderosa on Sept. 27. After a match with Legend, the Sabercats take on crosstown rival Douglas County on Oct. 4. Castle View is 7-1-1 in games against County and is unbeaten in the past seven games.
• Senior Brooklyn Rose, who is second in Continental League assists with 356, had 35 assists on Sept. 27 in a 3-1 girls volleyball victory over Ponderosa. The Sabercats, ranked No. 9, have an Oct. 4 match against rival Douglas County and will be out to snag their sixth straight victory over the Huskies.
• Sophomore Genevieve Bower belted a double and a home run to finish with four runs batted in during the softball team’s 10-0 blanking of Ponderosa on Sept. 26. Alley Kim had three hits and scored twice but a rally fell short in a 6-5 loss to Regis Jesuit on Sept. 28.
• The boys soccer team topped Ponderosa 3-1 on Sept. 25 and won its second straight game with a 1-0 victory over ThunderRidge on Sept. 27. Matt Haskin scored twice and Jacob Gasser once against Pondo and Blake Mandler got the winning goal in the first half against ThunderRidge as goalkeeper Colby Coveney made seven saves in the shutout.
• The volleyball team lost 15-8 in the decisive fifth set and dropped a 3-2 match to Rock Canyon on Sept. Junior Alyssa Naples had 17 kills and a 65.4 kills percentage in the loss.
• Senior Calvin Ewing scored in the second half to lift the boys soccer team to a 1-0 win over ThunderRidge on Sept. 25. The team edged Regis Jesuit 2-1 on Sept. 27 for the Jaguars’ fifth straight victory to move into a first-place tie in the Continental League.
• Junior Derek Fearon finished third in the Polson Ranch Invitational cross country meet on Sept. 29 with a time of 16:27.00. The boys team was second in the team standings. Wesley Beckham ran seventh. Shannon Osoba was fourth in the girls varsity race with a time of 19:32.00 and finished one spot ahead of Hope James, who was timed in 19:44.00.
• The softball team scored six runs in the first inning and went on for an 8-0 win over Discovery Canyon on Sept. 29. Emma Cochran had two hits, scored twice and had three RBIs to spark the victory. Audrey Burt scattered five hits and struck out 13 batters to collect the shutout.
• Senior Dalton Georgopulous had two goals and five points and Daniel Soby had a pair of goals in the boys soccer team’s 6-2 win over Bear Creek on Sept. 25. Georgopulous had the goal in a 1-1 double overtime tie with Pomona on Sept. 27.
• Quarterback Luke McCaffrey was 28-45-1 for 432 yards and four touchdowns in a 35-0 win over Castle View on Sept. 28 for the unbeaten and second-ranked football team.
• The fourth-ranked volleyball team, playing in 5A this season, remained unbeaten with a 3-1 win over Chatfield on Sept. 27 and a 3-1 triumph over Denver East on Sept. 29.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.